January 25, 2023
Table of Contents
Everyone wishes to have a perfect smile with beautifully aligned teeth. But we all dread getting braces because of the discomfort and how they are always visible. Some people may be good candidates for Invisalign and may not need braces. Meet our Invisalign specialist in Kirkland to know if you are a good candidate for this.
Why is Invisalign becoming such a popular Orthodontic treatment?
Invisalign is also known as clear aligners because these use clear tray aligners. These are a form of braces but different because they are almost inconspicuous. Gentle pressure is applied using a series of clear, customized thermoplastic aligners.
They are a great treatment choice as people with mild cases see improvements in six months and many others within a year. You will wear aligners for 20-22 hours each day, removing them for meals and for dental care.
After this, you will move to the next aligner after around two weeks. It can be used for a range of Orthodontic issues like underbite, crossbite, overbite, gaps between teeth, crooked teeth, etc, and as a result, this will improve the shape of the jaw too.
Five reasons why Invisalign is better than traditional choices like braces
- You can maintain a proper oral health regimen- Invisalign aligners can be easily removed. While it can be difficult to use a proper brushing and flossing technique when you have braces, you will not find any difficulties maintaining your oral health with Invisalign. With braces, food particles can get trapped which is not the case with Invisalign. Our Invisalign specialist in Kirkland will guide you about the dos and don’ts as well as about the ways to maintain the aligner trays.
- Your dietary habits don’t have to change- While it is necessary for people to adopt healthy eating habits to prevent tooth decay, we all want to indulge once in a while. Some foods and drinks like those high in sugar or which can stick to the teeth can damage metal braces, with Invisalign you don’t face these issues as you will remove Invisalign when eating or drinking anything. Make sure to brush your teeth after meals and snacks to avoid staining your aligners.
- Invisalign is quite comfortable- With metal braces and brackets, wires and edges tend to scrape the soft tissue inside the mouth. With Invisalign clear aligners, you don’t face these issues because there are no sharp edges. There will be some discomfort initially when the aligners are newly applied as they will exert pressure on your teeth. This is required to bring your teeth into a proper alignment and improve jaw shape. But there is no need for tightening. As you progress, you are given a new set of aligners. You feel comfortable while talking with these aligners.
- Aesthetics- You are seeking ways to improve your smile and Invisalign provides you with a comfortable way. Especially for adults, these clear aligners are a great solution as adults are overly conscious about having braces. These nearly invisible aligners allow adults to smile and talk without getting conscious. Options for teens are also available as there has been progressing for Invisalign in Orthodontics treatment after looking at the significant differences this treatment has made.
- Speed and shorter duration of treatment- This is another major point when you are considering getting Invisalign. Invisalign works rapidly to align your teeth and the computerized process has a big role to play here. Some people may get the desired results within a year.
How long will Invisalign trays take to correct the alignment of my teeth?
The average treatment span is around 12 months. It can vary from 6 to 18 months. This depends upon the severity of dental misalignment and the complexity of the case.
How much will a full set of Invisalign cost?
The definition of a full set varies as some people with mild cases will require 5-7 trays while others can require more than 50 trays. The treatment costs range between $3000 to $7000 or more based on the severity and complexity of the case.
Is it better to get Invisalign from a dentist or from an Orthodontist?
Invisalign is an Orthodontic treatment so you should see a specialist. Mild cases can be managed by a dentist but for moderate to severe misalignments, you should see an Orthodontist as they are trained to monitor your progress and modify the treatment whenever required.
Is there a cheaper way to get Invisalign?
Many people think that this Orthodontics solution is very expensive. The truth is that it is almost at par with metal braces and much more comfortable.
You shouldn’t think that Invisalign is so expensive. Your doctor will assess your teeth and will decide how many aligners are needed based on the complexity of your individual case. There are ways to decrease the cost or spread the costs.
You can do the following
- Ask for discounts as we offer such discounts at times
- You can save on Invisalign with insurance as some companies provide up to $1,000 or more.
- You can opt for a monthly payment plan
- You can use tax-free dollars through flexible spending accounts (FSA) if your employer offers such an option or HSA
- Our team will be happy to inform you about different provisions
How does the process work with an Invisalign in Kirkland?
At Kirkland Premier Dentistry, we are happy to walk you through the whole process. We also provide a free appointment to assess if this is the right solution for you and to address your concerns. We use the advanced iTero Element Scanner. This enables us to take a digital scan of your teeth to provide you with a speedy and efficient treatment plan. We also offer discounts at times which can help you with the costs.