January 23, 2023
Table of Contents
Don’t we all wish to have beautiful and bright smiles? Are you looking for affordable cosmetic dentistry in Kirkland?
Here we are going to help you learn to minimize cosmetic dentistry expenses in the present and in the future. After all, we all deserve to have a dazzling smile.
Get the smile you seek without breaking the bank
If you think that finding an affordable cosmetic dentist in Kirkland Washington is impossible, then you are certainly mistaken. It is a fact that cosmetic dentistry is expensive but there are many affordable treatments available that can enhance aesthetics without breaking the bank.
Here are some tips on how to save money on cosmetic dentistry.
- Although cosmetic dentistry per se may not be included in your insurance coverage, procedures that improve oral health or are preventive in nature may be covered. Go through your plan and find out what is covered.
- When seeking cosmetic dentistry in Kirkland, choose more affordable options. Certain treatments are aimed towards the same goal like dental bonding and dental veneers. Dental veneers are more expensive while dental bonding will also repair the imperfections albeit more economically.
- Work out a customized long-term plan with your dentist at Kirkland Premier Dentistry. You can talk to your dentist about planning the treatment in phases. This way, rather than paying a huge amount at once one can pay in smaller amounts. You can also look at financing options.
- Be proactive with your dental care. Don’t wait for your minor dental issues to turn into major ones. When you nip the problem in the bud, you will definitely incur fewer expenses.
- Opt for minimally invasive and long-term solutions. Minimally invasive restorations require less time and fewer visits. Kirkland dentistry options now include advanced technologies which can lead to more permanent or long-term results and also save costs in the long run. For example, newer tooth fillings utilizing technology last much longer than amalgam fillings. Another example is a crown will protect the teeth while also preventing spacing issues while an extraction will lead to such issues in the long run which will require additional treatment.
Some affordable cosmetic dentistry options in Kirkland
This is the most affordable and non-invasive cosmetic dental procedure which can enhance your smile.
This is another cheap and quick procedure to correct imperfections like chipped teeth and gaps.
These can protect your damaged tooth while being a more long-term solution compared to fillings. These are also cheaper in the long term compared to extractions.
You may be wondering if cosmetic dentistry is covered by insurance and most often it is not so as insurance plans focus on preventive treatments. But your dental care cannot be based on this factor. You need to see an experienced and qualified dentist with the best resources.
These tips can help you prevent additional costs
- Maintain good oral hygiene so that you don’t need advanced procedures.
- Avoid trauma to the teeth. Wear protective gear if you indulge in impact sports.
- Avoid teeth grinding. If needed, use mouthguards.
- Teeth cleaning, which is both preventive and cosmetic, is usually covered under insurance. Opt for regular dental exams and teeth cleaning.
- Get treatment when the issue is minor while opting for affordable procedures.
Can you negotiate cosmetic dental procedures?
Yes, negotiating costs is definitely an option but you should respect your dentist. You can ask if there is an alternative cost-effective way for the restoration or if they offer a discount in case your insurance company doesn’t cover the treatment.
You can also request reduced charges for follow-up visits. Some dental clinics may agree to a payment plan for regular patients. But remember, cost should never be the deciding factor for choosing a dentist. It should always be the experience, expertise, and facilities that matter.
Cosmetic dentistry vs Orthodontics- the main difference
A cosmetic dentist will work on the aesthetics so that you can have a beautiful smile. Examples are dental bonding, implants, teeth whitening, etc.
Orthodontists will work on correcting the misalignment between teeth and jaw for more functional reasons. Examples are braces, retainers, aligners, etc.
Both cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics can involve advanced procedures. The two may even overlap as a beautiful smile requires good oral health while alignment correction also improves the smile.
If you are looking for affordable ways to brighten your smile, reach out to us at Kirkland Premier Dentistry.
We can work out treatment plans which can fit your budget while providing the best dental services and facilities to you.
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost?
There cannot be a straight answer as there are so many procedures under the umbrella term of cosmetic dentistry. It can range from a few hundred dollars for a simple procedure like teeth whitening and can go up to thousands of dollars for other procedures like dental implants. Major factors involved are the number of visits and work involved, materials used, location, qualifications and experience of your dentist, etc.
What’s the cheapest way to replace your teeth?
Dentures are the cheapest solution for replacing a tooth or teeth. Many factors contribute to lower costs like less time, fewer visits, no need for surgery or dental crowns, etc. They can be prepared easily and the cost of creating them is less compared to other options like implants.
Can you be put to sleep for cosmetic dentistry?
Yes, a dentist may use general anesthesia to put a patient to sleep. But dentists most commonly opt for conscious sedation for invasive procedures where a patient is fully relaxed rather than asleep.